if you ever come to visit, let me know! i’ll show ya around! :)
Me, for the most part.
You know how Fantasy Football is boring and stupid and you don’t really know how it works but you get the gist of it? Well, I’m officially starting the Fantasy Magic Mike League. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who wished they had switched out Tarzan for Chris Hemsworth. Right? Right. Create your…
A fantasy Magic Mike league? Don’t mind if I do. Here we go…
- Aaron Johnson—Most of my friends only know his name because of me. “KICK-ASS?!” was usually the response I got when I explained to them who he is. Yes, that is kick-ass and he is beautiful when he isn’t being made to look like a geeky high school student turned superhero. Can he dance? I have no idea, but really, who cares?
- Johnny Depp—This isn’t his usual thing which I think is more of a reason he should be in Magic Mike! The whole Tim Burton match up is getting old. And we’ve already seen Matthew McConaughey play the creepy, old club owner/boss. Give someone else a chance. Dance, Depp, dance!
- Joe Manganiello—I know he is already in it but I demand more! MORE, MORE, MORE! My friends and I only refer to him as Alcide. I think that is partly because no one knows how to say his name and partly because he is smoking hot as a werewolf. Therefore, I demand more AND I demand he growl in the next movie. A lot.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt— Who cares about Alex Pettyfer, really? Nobody. We all love Joseph Gordon- Levitt and I can’t fathom anyone complaining about him getting dirty. It’s time.
- James Franco— I’d watch James Franco golf. I hate golf. James Franco needs to embrace what he is good at and just look delicious. Don’t speak, don’t try to write awful books, just be there and maybe try to dance. Maybe.
Honorable Mentions: There is no doubt that Ryan Reynolds looks great without a shirt. I know that’s all this movie is really good for but he just doesn’t quite do it for me.
So there you have it. Now I need a cold shower.
The end of a few different relationships in my life has opened my eyes to the fact that it’s much easier to see how different you are than someone once you’ve had a sufficient amount of distance from them.
So recently a close friend of mine was surprised about being “unemployed way longer than expected.” As someone who has been unemployed on and off for about two years now, I understand how that works. Unfortunately, most people around me don’t understand that job hunting is a process and usually a very long one. About 95% of it is a damn waiting game. That is the reality of it unless you happen to know someone who is helping you get the job because then the process is usually much quicker. I speak from experience.
You send in your information to about a million different places, you wait for a response of some sort, if you happen to get one, you wait for an interview, then you wait for a response from the interview or a second interview, you wait for results from drug tests and background checks, etc IF you even happen to get that far in the process. I went months without any sort of response from any of the places I was applying to and then BAM! I had about 5 or so interviews within a very short amount of time and ended up landing a temp job that only lasted a few weeks. Job hunting is bizarre that way. Now I am back to playing the waiting game and I really hate my opponent. But that’s life, I suppose.
As an English major, I understand that the line is part of the character’s personality and might only be a reflection of that rather than a reflection of the writers’ thoughts on Muslims, but I still feel like there are a million other ways to go about showing a character’s personality that are less offensive and essentially, more effective. Let’s not even mention the fact that so far Terry’s storyline is so out of place with the rest of the show and to be honest, it’s quite stupid. It’s definitely my least favorite storyline on the show right now and constantly makes me groan. Unless they find a way to spin it into something positive and/or tie it into the rest of the show, it really has no place or purpose.
This episode just aired tonight and there are already countless cries that the writers of True Blood should be fired and that they are no longer watching the show because of the character Patrick saying, “Suicide is for Muslims” while talking Terry out of killing himself.
But you’re completely…